9.10.13

IJM Land 10km For Charity : My Race

2 main reason, I'm the 1st of my group to register on this event.
1. It was  located in Seremban 2, never ran in Seremban.
2. RM38 race fee for early bird.


The plan was to take this run easy, running slow and steady until the end of the race. 4 of us, Huru Hara Runners join this event. One is a friend of mine, who is still a newbie. He's running his first 10km event at IJM Land.
All of us queue up at the middle of the pack. The flag off was exactly at 7am. Did my normal pace and try not to get to excited by running to fast. The plan was to stop at all water station but only have a sip of water.
At water station 1, I mistakenly drink 100Plus, resulting  my usual arch enemy, side stitches. I have to slow down my pace and walk a few step because of the stitches.
Continue to run mostly at residential area under IJM Land development, the traffic was good since most of the residential area are newly opened.
The biggest challenge was running up Saujana Duta, IJM Land new project that was nicely located 398 feet above sea level. Its a struggle but I did managed to run all the way to the top and down.
I up my pace just a bit after going down Saujana Duta, trying to finish my best since my timing was quite good and could be running my personal best at 10km.
Pushing hard till the end towards the finishing line and managed to finish  it by 1 hour 5 minutes. My previous 10k timing was 1 hour 8 minutes. Only 3 minutes improvement, but still a PB on my book.
It was a nice and fun race. The traffic was good, they have ample volunteers and RELA manning the traffic. They even have 100 plus at all 3 water station. I have no complaint on this event. Since I have a wonderful experience this year, I will definitely join again next year and to challenge the hill of Saujana Duta.

when going down Saujana Duta Hill, mind the peha gemuk sedut kain seluar



Huru Hara runners, most left is Syakirin. the newbie

Fat Boy usual winning pose




No comments: